For Traveling with Kids – An Airport Scavenger Hunt (FREE PRINTABLE)
Traveling with children isn’t always easy. (Okay, it’s rarely easy, but totally worth it.) The wait at the airport or heaven help us – hours of delays – may require some creativity and ingenuity on your part. I’ll be flying from Boise to Charleston, Charleston to Reno, and then Reno to Boise next month with my tween and preschooler. I’m going to pull out all the stops to make this trip memorable (and manageable)…starting with the arrival at the airport.
I created this Airport Scavenger Hunt Printable to keep little children (preschool through elementary age) entertained during those long inevitable waits at the airport. Stay tuned for the snarky Tween/Teenager Airport Scavenger Hunt printable and the Airplane Scavenger Hunt printable.
TIP: For multiple uses, laminate it and bring along a dry-erase marker.
I’ve included this printable here as a PNG file and PDF file. Make sure to tweak it to suit your children’s ages and abilities and add prizes!
- Starbucks coffee cup (or logo)
- Someone listening to headphones
- Employees Only sign
- Someone charging their electronic device
- Someone working on a laptop
- Baby in a stroller
- A teenager with a backpack
- Someone listening to an iPod
- Someone asleep (or falling asleep) BONUS POINTS if they’re sleeping on the ground!
- Someone eating a sandwich or burger
- A fire extinguisher
- Someone holding a passport
- Pilot or flight attendant
- A sign for Baggage Claim
- An orange or blue suitcase
- A plane taking off
- A plane landing
- Someone in uniform (military or TSA) – And hey, if you do spy a soldier or hard working TSA employee, thank them for their service.
- Someone in a hat with a sports logo (or a sports jersey)
- Green suitcase or green backpack
TIP: Didn’t print it out at home and now you’re delayed? Pull this bad boy up on your phone and start hunting away!
Have fun and I’d love to hear if you used it and how your scavenger hunt worked out for you!
But hey, you’re not stuck with just this Scavenger Hunt! Travel tips like these are pretty much why the Internet was invented (also for cat videos).